Thursday, November 18, 2010

Journey from the Past

from the album Slim and Slender days
at my slimmest
While putting the kids to sleep, I thought of eating lettuce dipped in vinegar and bagoong na alamang (shrimp paste) but I fell asleep.
I've always been skinny when I was younger until I discovered snacking on leftover rice topped with bagoong and calamansi after school when I was in Grade 3. By the time we moved to Manila when I was in Grade 4, I started packing on the pounds. That's when every food became my favorite.
It didn't help that my mom's a great cook. She let me help in the kitchen by mincing the garlic, cutting onions and tomatoes. For years that was my role and believe me or not, I wasn't really paying attention then. The very first meal I cooked was sauteed corned beef with cabbage and bell pepper until I progressed to cooking adobo, nilaga, sinigang and the rest I should say was history.

Lei helping Mommy to cook
Lance cooking
back at being heavy :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment